Monday, October 11, 2010

Rainbow in Your Hand

I don't remember when or how exactly I found this little amazing book, but I've had it bookmarked on my computer for a while now. It's still blows my mind as much today as the first time I saw it.



This book started as a personal project of Masashi Kawamura, a Japanese designer in summer 2007, and was soon published from a Japanese bookstore "Utrecht". It's a flipbook, but rather than seeing animation, it creates a 3D rainbow in your hand. It won the NY ADC silver cube. 
Masashi Kawamura is a worthwhile designer to look into. He has more book designs, as well as industrial products, prints, commercials etc. Very entertaining :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    You are officially the only other person I've seen use the word Oneirataxia with the full sense of how incredible it is; congratulations! Haha, it's like a test to prove that you're awesome, and you've passed.
    I was wondering, have you checked out Specimen Products? It has a lot of awesome stuff; Andrew Bird uses their victrola-amps, which is how I found out about them.
    Anyway, congrats on having an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete