Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Barcelona Chairs

Blip about these amazingly comfy chairs (or so I've been told, I don't know myself because I've only sat in imitations) that I found on Eternity Modern:
One of the most recognizable and enduring designs of the 20 th century. It was originally designed by Mies Van der Rohe in 1929 to serve as seating for the king and queen of Spain at the International Exposition in Barcelona hence its name. The ottomans were intended as seating for their servants. The set features a polished solid-core 301 stainless steel frame for maximum strength. The cushions are upholstered in 100% genuine Italian Leather. 


They feature them in the Architecture firm shown at the end of 500 Days of Summer :) That's where I first saw them. And after that I started noticing them everywhere. Though they are usually imitations with different legs. I like knowing that an Architect designed them. Shows that there is more then just buildings to my career path :P

No comments:

Post a Comment